Policy and public affairs
CFG's policy work aims to build a better operating environment for charities.
- Represent CFG members’ views and those of the wider charity sector to government, regulators, policy shapers and decision makers at all levels
- Actively shape policy and legislation through consultation responses, surveys, research and involvement in working groups
- Campaign for a better operating environment for charities
- Ensure our members are kept up-to-date about new developments that may impact on their daily work
- Champion high standards in financial management through good practice publications and information sharing forums.
If you would like to speak to one of the team, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to view pages from this section prior to April 2015, please visit the Policy Archive.
05/02/2016: Leading voluntary sector bodies launch 'Grants for Good' campaign
The Goods for Good campaign has launched today, calling for a halt to the steady decline in grant funding to charities and community groups.
Contribute to our consultation responses and surveys and participate in banking and accounting forums
CFG's resources and policy lines on banking issues, including online giving platforms, social investment, foreign exchange and financial access.
Our policy position and available resources on Charities SORP, fraud, charity law & regulation and the Lobbying Act.
Our work on auto-enrolment and pension deficits, and Pensions Maze best practice guide
Key issues in public service delivery - CFG's policy position on these and links to key resources.
Our work on charity tax reliefs and Gift Aid, direct tax and VAT.
Our policy and public affairs work prior to 2010